Chemotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers
  1. How long can the effects of chemotherapy stay in your system after the last treatment
  • Hi  

Hopefully one of the effects of chemotherapy - killing cancer might last for the rest of someone's life but I guess you are talking about some of the side effects. That very much depends on the individual and the type of chemotherapy. If we look at this page on chemotherapy there are some suggestions of what might happen after treatment and tips on things that might help.

For my wife - first round she lost all her hair and that took a few months to grow back, otherwise most of the side effects were done in a couple of weeks. Second type of chemotherapy caused very little in the way of side effects but rather more useful in that it rendered her cancer stable.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• My mother and mother in law had cancer (MIL twice). Both said they felt very 'dry'. My MIL looked physically dehydrated but was able to replenish with drinking water and saliva stimulating tablets. My mother, due to her extensive surgery, needs to have IV fluids twice a week as she also has a stoma. Both lost their hair which began to grow back quite quickly after chemo stopped.