Do we start a clinical trial, what advice due I give my mum,?

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

My mum has endometrial cancer which has spread to her lungs. She has gone through chemo & hormones but no success and has now been offered lenvatinib with pembrolizumab - checkpoint inhibitor (immunotherapy drugs)  she's 79 and looking to me for advice.

We have the difficult decision to try it or enjoy the last few months without treatment. I don't know where to turn or what to advise. Would this treatment be too much, make her too I'll?, she coped quite well on chemo. Looking for any information or thoughts on this type of treatment. Thank you for reading x

• Hi  

It is indeed a difficult choice though on the positive I note people can enjoy being on a clinical trial too - so never quite so A or B and that does tend to make things more difficult in the decision.

There is a lot of information on Taking part in a cancer clinical trial that might help but at the end of the day we all have to make a decision and whatever do not look back because we cannot ever know the path not taken.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Steve

Many thanks for the information and advice. I had a look at the clinical trial information which was really helpful. Never looking back and not worrying about the path not taken has focused our decision. Thank you x

Joanne