Day 1

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone.

My husband has just had his 1st radiotherapy for tonsil cancer.  I can't help feel I'm going to need support form others also giving care and support to their loved ones. Hopefully in turn i can be of support to those carers also.

Understanding what we each have to face, deal with every day, remaining strong and patient as our loved ones have to deal with the deeper reality. 

I'm quite a strong person and mostly positive whilst my partner is understandably dealing with operations, procedures and now a treatment with increasingly painful side effects.  

I'm still working out how this online site works and reading some of the chats.  Hopefully there will be ways that I can offer some  support to others. Xx 

• Hi  

Thanks for posting, indeed that is how many of us started out on here. That being "strong" bit is nice and easy to type but can be a challenge in practice and I certainly know I have the occasional wobble.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Exactly right Steve, remaining strong for loved ones is not easy at all, this is why we are here in search of some support from those who understand what we each have to face each day.. x 

• Hi GailH

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry  to hear about all that your husband and you are going through.

I'm supporting my husband through his stage 4 brain tumour journey and this community has been a great source of support to me over the past couple of years. It's a safe and supportive space. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Please make sure you take  care of your wee self here too. This can be an emotional rollercoaster ride. You need to  keep your own wee batteries charged. Taking "me time" isn't selfish. It's essential ...trust me.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm