Afraid of What Might Happen

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I was searching for some answers and came across this site. 

My husband has lung cancer. He has been battling it for almost two years. First, he had surgery. Then there was chemotherapy and immunotherapy (kertruda).

I have tried to be there for him in almost every aspect of his life. A year ago, I got very sick and was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. My husband has been there for me. He is now saying we are a perfect pair. 

Approximately a month ago, my husband was informed he has cancer in his second lung. Now, we are both extremely frustrated, anxious and afraid of what might happen.

Nevertheless, we don't want to give up and doing everything possible to fight this terrible disease. 

Sometimes, it's difficult for me to find right words to keep his spirit up. 

If you can offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated. 

• Hi  

Sometimes we all find we don't know the words, then sometimes a light touch or a hug can write a million words.

For us it was perhaps the first round of chemotherapy that caused my wife to have a collapsed lung and then a second one that finally pushed me to look for help. As a family we have a whole story and when I talk about it people say things like "how do you cope?" - well nobody gave us a choice.

I broke - then I found help. Being on here is great but so is talking to people who just get it - it is hard. All we can do each day is make the best decision we can given the best information - but most important of all keep talking. Often music can really get to the focus - make us cry or whatever but something to share is Lean on Me by Bill Withers

Lean on me
    When you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend
    I'll help you carry on...
    For it won't be long
    Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on
    My wife's cancer has brought us together stronger than ever - but only because I got help and that helped her because of course she was worried about me and our son too.
    <<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you very much, Steve. I have not listened to the song yet, but I definitely will. And you are right. Talking to someone who is going through the same struggles helps.