Don’t know what to do - husband losing hope!

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Since the end of the first 12 months of treatment for multiple myeloma when he was put on maintenance meds, he has been suffering with a lot more pain and other issues like heart problems along with hernia, teeth problems and cataract ops, and now he is so down and says he’s had enough. Living with him 24/24, I don’t notice the changes so much but recently people have commented on how much older he looks. He has lost weight and has shrunk in height by 5 inches and his face is so thin and gaunt..

I am always being told to look after myself but it’s not that simple, is it? Not having worn make-up for such a long time and lounging around in joggers, I decided to try and cheer myself up by weang makeup to go out ( to the supermarket Grin) putting something decent on and a slash of perfume, which has only resulted in him comparing his appearance and is making him more disheartened.I just feel guilt because I can still do these things.

I still try to be cheerful to keep his spirits up but it’s getting harder by the day! We don’t know how long he has left so I want him to have the best. Everyone thinks I am doing so well, but I’m really struggling at the moment. It helps just to « unload » a bit on here.

• Hi  

It is a wonder how being able to share with our little collective can end up being so helpful. We all recognize the struggle and that can help us feel a bit more "normal" - if this is what normal looks like anyway.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge