Losing hope

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi,

My husband was diagnosed with gallbladder cancer last year. Following two lots of chemo that didn't work he's been on a trial since December. He's felt the best he's felt in ages and we felt hopeful and positive. We booked a break away this week and had just set off when he received a call from the doctor telling him the trial hadn't worked and the tumour had grown. They advised us to cancel our trip, in case he got I'll whilst away, so we drove home. 

I'm utterly devastated. For the first time since we found out I can't see anyway forward. Tomorrow is the anniversary of when we met, 35 years ago, and we were going to be spending it in the New Forest. Instead we've got to go to the hospital to be discharged from the trials team. 

He's understandably terrified and I don't know what to do now.

Xx

• I am so sorry to hear that the trial didn’t work for your husband and what should have been a lovely weekend away as turned into a hospital visit. Maybe you could ask family and/or friends to help you and see if you could create something special at home. Maybe food from the 1st restaurant you went to or what you had on your wedding day. Candles, fairy lights, bring the outdoors inside with plants. Just an idea so that you have something else to look forward to rather than hospital. 

• Thank you. That's a lovely idea x