Practical help

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, my partner who has glioblastoma suffered with pulmonary embolisms in December and was hospitalised for a couple of weeks.  He is now on twice daily injections of blood thinners which I have to do for him for at least 6 months I am told.  My question is who could I ask to come and do the injections for me as I would really like to go away for a couple of days at the end of the month to stay with my best friend who has broken her ankle?

I have a friend who is a paramedic and he would probably help out, but I don't want to ask him to do all of them if there is a professional who would be able to help some of the time at least.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you so much for all being here for everybody.  It is a steep learning curve and it is so good to have help from those who have travelled this path already.

Love Lx

• Hi,

Sorry to hear about your partner.

I'd imagine that is something that the community nursing team would pick up.  If you go to your GP they will be able to advise you of the contact details (or you might be able to google it) and you could then at least have a conversation.

If not - don't be shy about asking your friend.  People really want to help out and for the most part feel completely helpless standing on the sidelines.  Everyone understands that you need to take time to look after yourself.

I hope you manage to sort it out.

Pete

• Thank you Pete.  I shall ask my friend to do some of the visits, and go to the GP as you suggest.

Kind regards,

Lucy