Full of guilt and worry

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone,

My wife has been given an initial diagnosis by gyno of possibly stage 1b cc. We have had MRI this week and await results and a CT and then MDT meeting. I am so full of guilt. She had some bleedi g after intercourse which occurred in late October. She had just had a difficult family bereavement that mo th and thought it might be stress. It happened twice more soon after and forced the issue to consult GP. I was sure it would just be a polyp or something benign. An abnormality was seen and then abnormal smear and here we are. 

Our qorld has just fallen apart. Having been career driven and also being carers for a relative for 11 years we hoped 2023 was our time to start a family. It all seems that this will be taken away from us and I'm evastated for us both.

I believe they suspect its 1b Adrenocarcinoma. My primary focus is my amazing wife and seeing her through the tests, diagnosis and treatment, but I just fear we are going to get more and more terrible news.

I feel so selfish for posting this given what she is going through. We are barely sleeping and in a.constant state of panic and anxiety. 

So hard to see a loved one going through this and bit being able to protect them.

Don't k ow what to do or say.

• Hi Steve40, don't feel guilty.  This is what this forum is all about, talking about what you are going through.  We don't know what to say at times or how we feel. The frustration, anger & the tears we shed. Is it normal to have all these feelings. Yes it is, so I have been told.

Jodie97

Sending big hugs to you all