Anyone feel like running away?

• 6 replies
  • 47 subscribers

I'm talking post cancer of course.I'm not that heartless. Multiple cancers in multipe family members.But no cancer in me....yet?

Feel the need to live somewhere very very quiet.

But also feel the shadow of cancer chacing me.(its chaced me all my life).So need to be near a cancer unit.

Anyone out there feel the same? Anyone got any ideas?  

• My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 8 weeks ago, I feel so guilty by saying this but I didn’t want to go home today as my husband said he was in a lot of pain and not having a go day. 
    not sleeping well and work is tiring me out…. So yes I can honestly say I wanted to run away today. 

• My wife was told she has a terminal brain tumour around 2 weeks ago. she believes she has 6 - 9 months but we have been told 3 - 6 months. i really want to run away all the time. but i know i cant and i wont.. i believe it to be a normal human reaction unfortunately !

• I feel exactly the same like I want to run and never look back I to feel like cancer has followed me my whole life I watched my dad die of it at 21 now I'm watching my mother's die of it now at 34 I feel like I'm walking in the same footsteps of my past that I worked so hard to try carry on a normal life from. 

• I feel exactly the same, watched my mother cope with my dad’s cancer and being widowed in her 60s. Now my husband has been diagnosed with cancer and my gut reaction was I’m reliving my mother’s experience.  I don’t want to be on my own dealing with this. The frustration and being let down by the system. Today on our way to get Port fitted to receive phone call cancelling appointment, which has a knock on to all the other appointments set up in the week at the hospital with consultant and chemo nurse, more phone calls chasing people to learn they aren’t in work and only they can change their diary.  Everyone keeps telling me it’s early days, it gets better.  Well I hope so because we won’t survive as a couple at this rate the stress and tension is horrendous.  Friend mean well and being supportive but it’s when you can’t sleep and eat and feel totally overwhelmed.    Sorry, just had to get it out as husband is overwhelmed and keeps apologising and asking what he can do and he shouldn’t be looking after me when it’s his diagnosis.  

• Hello I'm sorry you are going through this the first few weeks are awful it's no better now but the not knowing the waiting for a doctor the constant phone calls I kicked up so much fuss it's so hard and I really hope you have better news than me I hope they can help even if the road is long and hard it's better than having no road at all. You already know all this because you have been through it having got the scars from doing it once already is unbelievable hard to process. But take it one day at a time and I was told to not jump ahead it didn't work and I'm almost glad I jumped ahead because when they give me the news I already new however it didn't help with the little bit of hope I still held on to. But try to keep open with eachother and be honest about how u feel is my best advice and we are here to talk anytime most of us probably don't sleep these days so night or day any time u need to chat or let go XXX I really do wish u the best and prey you have an out come that u can work with 

• Thank you. You’re right the night hours are not good.