husbands lung cancer

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

HI my husband has stage 3 lung cancer, he has finished chemo/radio combined has had a scan and the tumour has shrung a bit he was asked to go on a trail for immunotherapy had extra tests and then was told at the last minute that he could not have it , he has also been told that the immunotherapy drug durualumab that most people have after treatment will not be

funded for his type of nsclc we have just been told that he will have a scan in three  months ,

is anybody else having the same thing happen to them as I am very worried as to what is happening to the tumour while we just sit around doing nothing.

• Hi  

I see you have already had a reply in the lung cancer forum covering much related to your husbands treatment so I will concentrate here on the impact on you.

If we look at Looking after someone with cancer and especially the section "coping with being a carer" we can see how common being worried is. It does often feel that cancer grows instantly and the drive in media about getting cancer treated early - this is mostly to push people to go to their GP and we are well past that stage. Fingers crossed for the scan in 3 months and then whatever the next stage is. Worrying about a scan is also very normal - so much so we often call it scanxiety.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge