Reaching out

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi,

just reaching out to anyone that can offer any advice and support. My partner has just been diagnosed with colon cancer (aged 37) and there has been spread to one of his lymph glands.

The tumour and 25 glands have been removed with 1 gland/node showing cancer cells. He is still recovering from surgery and will then go to an oncologist to discuss Chemo treatment.

Has anyone else been through a similar experience?

Thanks Xx

• Hi

My wife's cancer is very different. She had however been through two lots of chemotherapy treatment so to that extent I have common experience. If you wanted to talk to people/carers more specifically targeted at bowel/colon cancer then you could introduce yourself in out Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum where our friends on here can be very helpful.

Watching my wife go through chemotherapy was not the easiest of times but in her case the second type of chemotherapy put her cancer to sleep and we have been happily living with cancer now for about 6 years. Always a bit more fun when Janice sees a local doctor though and they find out she has cancer since she looks - and indeed is - really well.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi,

Thankyou so much for your message. I have now joined that group. 

That’s really reassuring to hear, u just feel so confused and scared at the moment. I feel like I have hundreds of unanswered questions