How do you support your husband who has a neoendocrine tumour?

• 6 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I'm new to the group.  Is there anyone who has a partner who has a tumour in bowel? 

• My husband has stage 4 stomach cancer .It is so hard trying to stay positive knowing there is no cure .He is in palliative care and he is now half the weight he used to be .It is so hard ,I have just thrown myself into work to keep myself busy ,but I know I will have to cut my hours soon .

• Hi Starling,

Given the rarity and complexities that come with neuroendocrine cancers, have you also seen the Neuroendocrine Cancer UK website? It's very informative.

We were led to it through the hospital last year and found it very useful.

WDJ

• Sorry to hear that about your husband. My husband was told by the cancer team at the hospital that there's nothing more they can do for him.  He's had all the treatment he can have.  I feel helpless as he has lost loads of weight, he gets frustrated as he can't do his gardening which he really enjoyed because it puts pressure on the tumour and releases horrible hormones which leaves him out of breath and gives him horrible hot flushes & other symptoms.  

• Hi WDJ.  Thanks for telling me I'll have a look at the website now.

• Hi Starling,

I think I know exactly what you are going through. The flushes and other side effects are not pleasant.

If you don't mind me asking, when was your husband first diagnosed? The reason I ask is that when my wife was first diagnosed, they were as optimistic as could be after second scan. Unfortunately between that and the next it took a dramatic turn for the worst with us.

Best wishes,

WDJ

• So sorry to hear that C support. You are not alone. I am in exactly the same boat. x