NETs

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi,

I have just joined the Carers' Group. We have been living with neuroendocrine cancer for just over a year now. My beautiful wife is not having a good time at all and the realisation for me is that, no matter how much I can try to support her, it's taking its toll on me now too. Family support as best they can from other parts of the UK but it's mostly just me. Friends too do what they can.

I wondered if anyone else was a carer supporting someone with NETs in particular? All advice is most welcome however as regardless of the nature of the cancer I'm sure we all have the same thoughts and experiences. 

I'm struggling a little to find time for myself as I'm constantly concerned. Working full-time just adds to the worry when I'm away from the house too. Getting any balance, let alone the right one, seems impossible at the moment as her condition appears to get worse. Latest scans have been done early due to a further procedure being carried out recently. The consultation and outcome is still to come.

Just an awful experience.

WDJ

• Hi

My wife's cancer is different in that it is Leiomyosarcoma and spread to her lungs, but we have been on this journey for a fair while.

I learnt the hard way about having to look after myself. I got some help from a living with less stress course that taught me a bit about how to look after myself and we are lucky to have a really great GP.

Your local council should do a needs assessment for your wife and a carers assessment for you, there is quite a lot of information here that might help.

Perhaps the most important point is we are all doing a remarkable job in extra ordinary circumstances.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Steve,

Thanks for those comments. I'll look into that.

Best wishes to you and your family.

WDJ