I miss our long walks together

• 13 replies
  • 49 subscribers

My husband is bedridden with a brain tumour. He isn’t worried that he is unable to stand or walk. I miss our outings together. Last September we visited a seaside resort for the day and walked nearly 15 miles. This was 10 months before being diagnosed with a brain tumour. We had no idea. He didn’t have any symptoms. 

Now I am his carer. Things are so different.

• Thank you for your reply. Gosh it’s so difficult isn’t it? 
    I feel so lost, and sad and alone. We used to have so many lovely walks together.

i think we have to be brave, not only for us but for us to be able to support our husbands/partners through this difficult time. I am praying for us all that we all cope with this awful situation we are in.

I am here for you if you need to chat x

• Goodness, this struck a chord. Hiking in the countryside was something that brought me peace and joy, no matter what was going on.

I’ve found that I am already mourning the future we’d planned for. We had big plans that have crumbled to nothing. And not being able to show this to my husband whose entire future is about to be snatched away. 

• I’m sorry to hear Mugley2017

The only way to deal with it is one day at a time and don’t fight the emotions. Each and every one of them is valid. You’ll have some days that are more bearable than others. But if you’re having a bad day and need to talk or vent there’s usually someone on here to listen 

Sending you a hug 

Jillybean x