Struggling

• 2 replies
  • 40 subscribers

My mom a strong lady 5 yrs ago she moved to France on her own that's when they found out she had hepertitis B auto immune liver desease, Then Dec '19 she was told she had bowel cancer, they removed the sigmoid section of her bowel and we were hoping that they would get all the cancer but it was to late it had spread to her kidney, lung and bones. She made the decision to move back to the UK last August and move in with me. all of the chemo treatments have now been stopped as nothing is working and she only has months left so its just palliative care now. I'm taking her on a mini road trip bucket list to weymouth on the 20th in a motorhome, she's never been in one, also to a zoo. I am trying so hard to stay strong for her my mom is not just my mom she's my best friend and I don't want to lose her but I know she doesn't have long.

• Hello Nanna 5,

I am so sorry for the difficult situation you find yourself in. It sounds like your mum is such a strong lady and a wonderful woman. It also sounds like she is very sick now but that you have some time - hopefully many months - together still. I think it is really great that you are trying to make the most of that precious time with her. And I am glad you two get on so well and that she has moved in with you as the two of you are going through this.

Please stay strong and keep posting

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Thank you,  I'm trying so hard to make what time I have left with my mom special.