Has anyone had this vaccine ?

• 5 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Good evening,  has anyone had this vaccine? I am scared for my hubby who is terminal, with prostate,bone & secondary Lung.He, is is 73 & doing well I dont want any side effects to disrupt him. If we dont have this vaccine, family members will be annoyed, we are not going out as his mobility isn't good so we really dont mix. I have our gp calling on Monday ; she will push us I feel for sure. We've already had our flu jabs, also I am on beta blockers.  So really feeling trapped as to know what to do for the best. we dont want the Pfizer one & wondering about the oxford one. As many people have had problems.  help please !!!  Thanks Amanda 

• Hi

While we have not had the vaccine yet we will as soon as it is available to us. I have talked to a number of friends who have had the vaccine without any issues. My nephew is a health care assistant on a cancer care ward an he has had the vaccine.

From what I have seen so far the possible significant incident rates for these vaccines are low and it can be a bit like looking at the possible side effects of chemotherapy. We had an really good talk at work the other day by a world leading immunologist about the development of these vaccines and the way they are being made available and that really helped to answer the questions for a lot of people there.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Good afternoon, Thank you for update. I have got myself into a real state, as at the moment I really dont want this vaccine as my hubby is doing well, & I have heard stories, but we are all different. I feel as though we are being pushed into a corner. We dont go out.We have had our flu jabs. and have vitamin d everyday & echinacea in herbal tea. I suffer from chronic arthritis.  Anyway thank you.I will go to pieces if anything happens. To my hubby or if he were to have a reaction. 

Amanda

• Hi. My son and I had the vaccine Monday. The only Xgrid one. My son has  a brain tumour, radiation and chemo but we knew the risk of catching covid was far worse then any potential side effects. My son has coped with his vaccine with absolutely no issues. Hope that helps

• My husband, who is terminal and not doing great, had the pfizer vaccine. His arm was a bit sore for a day. As we have at-home kids (young adults) they were keen for him to get it as they live in fear of giving him covid. Besides my husband, my dad and my mum had theirs too (Modena for my mother, Pfizer for my dad) and so have many of their friends. The flip side is that amongst my friends, who are younger, many had covid, some are in hospital. I am way down the list for the jab but apparently, according to the doctors at the vaccination centre i took my husband to, the oxford one is better if you have had anaphylaxis (as i have).

Bear in mind you need both shots to be ‘covered’.

• My wife had the Oxford vaccine on Wednesday, if anything even less of a reaction than she had to the flu jab.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge