Balancing caring and work

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 34 replies
  • 45 subscribers

This is all new for me. My husband was diagnosed with Lymphoma about a month ago. Since then I’ve been signed  off work, which has been great. It’s meant I can take him to all the appointments and he doesn’t have to be on his own, which I know he would struggle with.  I’m a teacher and my sick note doesn’t run until the end of the school year. But I have a fair few things I need to do at school before August, I broached this with my husband and family and they have all made me feel incredibly guilty for wanting to go in and get things done. Just wondering how other people get a balance. 

• I'm back to this discussion - have to go back to work after taking leave and not been there for 12 days. Zero interest in being there. I have usually been a work enthusiast. But today I will need to go through the motions. Finding hard to find any motivation to get work head on, and dressing gown off. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NellieJ

Hi NellieJ, completely understand that one. Today is the first weekday after losing mum and I'm dreading all the calls I'll have coming in and the ones I'll have to make and that's all before even contemplating work!

Good luck , go through the motions and at some point you'll probably find you'll come out the otherwise. Just think of yourself as Alice through the looking glass! xx

• Catcrazy4. I am So Sorry to read that your mom has passed. I hope that you can come to terms with your loss and get through all the hurdles that come with it easily. ( go to you tube and find "mari olsen. now you belong to heaven") listen to it when you have a moment. A friend recommended it to me.

God Bless Bab

BILLYTHEDOG
  • Dear Catcrazy4 - hope you manage the day. So difficult to keep going through it with people. I hope you are able to take care of yourself.  I dont know BillyTheDogs song, but here is the one I am listening to to get me through. Sparks - WaterProof.

I just hope the day can bounce off me and not get me down. Sometimes I need to protect myself from the day, and dissolve later. 

The rain just falls off of me
    The tears just fall off of me
    'Cause I'm waterproof, I'm waterproof
    The barometric pressure has no relevance to me