Feeling very low, husband is not doing so well.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

My husband has follicular lymphoma with a secondary tumour in his lung. It took over 15 months for them to diagnose and he is on the watch and wait plan. He is on 3rd different antibiotic but is not improving and is coughing up blood. He is refusing to go back to the hospital. I and our grown up children are worried about him. I seem to have lost my ability to be "strong" just now and i don't like feeling like this. I work part time and have been allowed some compassionate time this week as i am too worried to leave him for too long. He had a ct scan done on Sunday and we are waiting to hear from the respiratory team. Sorry, it is difficult to do this as i usually can just try and be positive and get on with things.    

• Hello mabelmum, so so sorry to hear your news. This disease saps our strength and leaves us fragile and vulnerable. It's so difficult to determine what to do especially when we are so close to the one we are caring for. I hope that you can rely on your gp and consultants to guide you. Take help when you can get it, your children will be a great support and comfort I am sure. Many heads are better than one and sometimes it feels good to share the responsibility. Hoping that today you will get answers and that will enable you all toake decisions. The waiting is so hard. Wishing you all strength and hope,. I know that you will find it within you  xx

Love is eternal