Treatment decisions stage 4 Melanoma of lung (also posted in melanoma forum)

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

my husband has been given a choice between nivolumab + ipilimumab OR nivolumab + relatlimab immunotherapy. He only has the cancer now in the right lung after a wedge resection of the left. No other organs/body parts affected. No lung symptoms at all.

We have done a LOT of research into the effectiveness and side effects of each and found that (from the papers we have seen) they have a similar effectiveness up to 3 years (there don't seem to be any figures beyond that for relatlimab combination as it hasn't been around long enough to say) and that nivolumab + relatlimab have quite a lot less potential side effects.

My husband is quite sensitive so we're quite concerned about side effects. But also he is not your average 74 year old and generally very fit and healthy otherwise. He is a runner and cyclist and still working full time.

Is anyone in here willing to share how you're getting on with either of these combinations of treatments and in particular nivolumab + relatlimab just so we can put a human perspective on it?

Many thanks
Squeak

• Hi  

I replied to your post in the melanoma forum but noticed your post here hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"