Tamoxifen and PH balance

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi All

I have been on Tamoxifen for 2 years now - I am well past my menopause but have still be prescribed that as my slow growing in-situ breast cancer was receptive to oestrogen. Since then I have had constant problems with Cistitus and Bacteria Vaginosis in equal measures.  In America they have done research on this and found that Tamoxifen can reduce your acidity in your vagina and allow the wrong bacteria to grow. I have tried everything, including anti biotics and pro biotics and the probem persists to an incredibly uncomfortable extent. I had the same problem going through my menopause but I am now mid 60s and its like it has gone back to that time again.Has anyone else had this problem please? It took me a while to convince my GP that this was a side effect but he is there now - but what to do? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read about the problems you've been having since you've been prescribed Tamoxifen after having a breast cancer diagnosis.

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join the breast cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. To save you typing all this out again you could copy and paste it into the new post.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"