Tinnitus from Cisplatin

  • 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers
  • 1135 views

Hi, I’m on Cisplatin plus 5FU for stage 4 lung cancer metastasised from tonsil. 4 cycles so far and the tinnitus has really ramped up to be a long term QOL issue. The chemo is working and I only have 2 more cycles to go so I want to keep going but don’t know if I’ll be able to live with the tinnitus if it gets any worse.

anyone got experience of this?

thanks!

  • Hi , your post caught my attention so thought I would relate my hearing experience.

    First, 99% of the time this will clear once treatment is finished.

    I was on a completely different cancer journey but back in 2013 it was eventually confirmed I had medically induced hearing loss due to medication used for Lymphoma treatment a 1 in 100,000 chance and I got it. Had an MRI that showed nothing and the audiology consultant said I was just unlucky.

    Right Ear 85% loss with remaining 15% a muffled sound with continues pulsing 24/7 and Left Ear 50 – 60% loss + Tinnitus and now have two hearing aids.

    The positive is I am 4 years in remission and doing great.

    Mike (Thehighlander)

    It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

    Community Champion Badge