Hair loss.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi I haven’t used this website before but I thought I must worn people on this Macmillan site about this very worrying event we could do without

My Wife is at the moment in the middle of her chemotherapy and is suffering hair loss so on a recent hospital appointment she picked up a brochure for company selling wigs and head wear. The brochure is Summer 2020 one and my wife thought that one of their designers would be nice for wearing to the hospital etc as she is a little uncomfortable with her hair as it is 

On returning home she went on the website and the designs were different from the brochure  So couldn’t order the one that she wanted on line  The brochure has a phone number she phoned but it just went to answer phone and no one returned her call Over the past week she phoned and tried to place an order and left messages on their website a total of six times but in the end she went els where  

My wife just got her phone bill from Vodafone and found out that she has been charged 65p for each time she phoned this company

I just thought I should bring this to the attention of all the people who are thinking about buying some sort of head wear
hope this helps

Neal

• Hi Neal and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is losing her hair whilst undergoing treatment and thanks for the warning about how costly call charges can be.

I noticed that you have joined the Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum group so assume that that is the type of cancer that your wife has. If so you could post in that group if your wife would like to know what others are doing about hair loss.

You might also be interested in joining the Family and friends forum group (link) as it's a safe and supportive place to share your worries if you want to talk to others who have a loved one living with cancer. If this is something you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your wife's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"