Diagnosed with DCIS 32 years old. Looking for advice

• 36 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, I have just joined. I don’t really know what to say or what I am looking for in a response. I’m 32, happily married with an almost 2 year old. I have just been diagnosed with DCIS breast cancer. Waiting on lymph node biopsy results and a plan of action. Feeling very lost and terrified if I’m honest. Really really scared. Any advice would be so welcome thank you. 

• Hi 

Just checking in to see how you are doing. 

Sending love your way xx 

• Hi, sorry to hear it kicked your ass! I’m glad it was more bearable with the adjustments. I’m having a mastectomy on the 16th June. Then after that I will know if I need any more treatment. I will have the other cancer free breast removed at a later date too. I feel okay about the mastectomy. I’m just worried they will find invasive cancer but I suppose a lot of people feel that way. Sending lots of love your way too x 

• How are you getting on? I hope you’re okay x 

• Your worries are totally normal, we wouldn't be human if we didn't, especially with what your going through. Will you be needing lymph removal aswell? Hope are you and your family  doing?  

Please let me know how you are feeling after your OP. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. 

I haven't had a date for my OP as yet, but should be around  six to eight weeks after chemo. 

• My lymph node biopsy was clear but they are doing a sentinel lymph node biopsy the same time as my mastectomy just to double check I think. Then further tests as my cancer is ER negative so won’t respond to tamoxifen. We’re okay thank you, I have good and bad days. It’s still the not knowing which is the worst I think. I just want the final results after my mastectomy. I will keep you informed. It’s nice to check in with each other. Hopefully you get your date soon and they you can put this all behind you. You sound like you are very strong. Will yours be a mastectomy too or a lumpectomy? Xx

• I have just re read one of your earlier comments and seen it is a mastectomy. How do you feel about that? Do you know whether you’ll have reconstruction? Sending you hugs xx 

• Mastectomy with full lymph clearance at the moment but they did say that may change depending on the results of the chemo. I really hope so as I am having nightmares about lympho bloody Demia!! 

Someone else always seems stronger and put together but honestly I'm not, I'm such a mixed bag of emotions at the moment but I'm crying a lot less now.

I was Propper belly laughing with my family last night and it felt so strange to be happy for the first time in a long time. But happiness is definitely the best medicine, I just need to do it more!! 

• Hopefully you get your chemo results soon and they can get you a date. I felt a bit better when I got my surgery date. So hopefully you will too. I really do feel for you, it’s strange knowing someone else is having the same feelings too. I’ve cried a lot and I feel like I can’t focus on anything. Always thinking about cancer. Can’t remember what it was like before. My daughter keeps me busy but when she’s in bed I can’t switch my brain off. Want it all over and done with. Laughter is definitely the best medicine! We need to not forget ourselves and try to have a good time still. I understand what you mean about lymphodemia. It’s easy to say try not to worry but I’m the same. I’ve had back and neck ache ever since I got my diagnosis which the doctors are putting down to stress and tension but some days I have myself convinced it’s spread. Just the way the mind works. I’m here if you ever want to just have a natter. It helps having someone to relate to I think. Take care xx

• Hey 

Just checking in to wish you all the best for your op this week. I'm having my third round of chemo tomorrow so not sure if I'll be with it to write but I will be thinking of you.

Sending all my love 

Xxx

• Thank you Mamajd, that’s really kind of you to think of me. I hope you don’t feel too poorly after your third round of chemo. I really do feel for you. I will be thinking of you to. Lots of hugs! Keep strong xxx