Diagnosed with DCIS 32 years old. Looking for advice

• 36 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, I have just joined. I don’t really know what to say or what I am looking for in a response. I’m 32, happily married with an almost 2 year old. I have just been diagnosed with DCIS breast cancer. Waiting on lymph node biopsy results and a plan of action. Feeling very lost and terrified if I’m honest. Really really scared. Any advice would be so welcome thank you. 

• Hi. Thank you for sharing your tips. Could you please tell me who is an author of book you recommend?! Many many thanks! Xx

• How are you feeling, I hope everything went well. Sending big cwtches and love your way xx 

• Hi. Very positive at the moment but as you know sometimes mood can change so quick and anxiety kicks in. I m trying to practice meditation and breathing exercises that help with stress. Next Fri first chemo. Fingers crossed for a smooth day! X

• Hi Mamajd. Thank you. I’m feeling okay! All went well on Wednesday. I was actually sent home the same evening so that was good! I feel sore and stiff but nothing unbearable. Just on paracetamol at home. The arm exercises are helping, day one of those yesterday and my arm was already moving better by the evening. I have a drain and a pico dressing so getting used to having those with me all the time is a bit strange. I’m very tired, keep having little nanny naps but on the whole feel really well considering. How are you getting on with the chemo? Sending you hugs xxx

• Good luck with your first chemo. Sending you positive vibes! You’ve got this xx

• So glad to hear your feeling ok and there's nothing better than being at home to recover. Just take each day as you can and rest. 

Even though I've had a reduction, I'm still not able to do anything, it's kicking my arse but hopefully kicking cancers too. I've got a scan on the 28th to check for any changes. 

Please keep me updatedxx

• Hi 

Hope everything goes well for you and it's good to see your being so positive. 

What chemo are you on? 

• Oh bless you! It must be so hard. They’re still thinking I won’t need chemo but I won’t know until I get my full results from the op on the 5th July. That’s exactly the way to look at it, it’s a necessary evil to kick the cancers arse! Hopefully you get great results on the 28th. I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you. Keep in touch, it’s nice to check in with each other. Take care xx 

• Hi. May I ask about this book you recommend, anticancer. Who is the author please?! Xx

• So glad things went well for you. Not long to wait until 5 July. I get to see the Oncologist that same day to discuss radiotherapy on one breast.