Diagnosed with DCIS 32 years old. Looking for advice

• 36 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, I have just joined. I don’t really know what to say or what I am looking for in a response. I’m 32, happily married with an almost 2 year old. I have just been diagnosed with DCIS breast cancer. Waiting on lymph node biopsy results and a plan of action. Feeling very lost and terrified if I’m honest. Really really scared. Any advice would be so welcome thank you. 

• Hi  sending a massive hug...it is a scary time. Only advice I have is focus on baby steps and putting one foot in front of the other.. which is hard. Hope the results will inform a good treatment plan and you can kick this cancers a&rse!  I get a lot of scan-xiety and already worrying about radiotherapy and tamoxifen side effects but trying to make it bite size and focus on what’s right in front of me and distract myself with my son / Netflix /books!  A friend recommended a book called Anticancer and I have found it quite reassuring. Sending lots of love xxxx

• Hi  really feel you, I was in your situation 7 weeks ago so understand all that your going through. Nothing I can say will make your worries go away but I will encourage you to write your thoughts and questions down in to a little book so that they are not going round your head, this helped me loads. 

I am a mam of 5 and  like you was diagnosed with stage 2 DCIS spread to lymph nodes. 

• Thank you, that’s good advice. I will try that. Sorry to hear you’re going through it too. I hope you have a good plan in place now. I’m finding the waiting very difficult xx 
  • The waiting is definitely the worst part.i am on Fec T for 6 months and Herceptin for a year with a mastectomy in-between. 

Sending love your way 

• Good luck with the treatments  xxx

• I’m glad you have a plan sorted. Sending lots of love your way too xx

• Just wanted to say hi! I am also 32 years old and just diagnosed with breast cancer, I have a 2 year old and a 6 week old baby so I completely know how you feel. I’m devastated for my children more than anything. I’m waiting on tests and a proper plan but just want to get treatment started ASAP. Good luck with everything x

• Hi, Oh I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope you get your tests and plan sorted soon. The waiting is so hard isn’t it. Good luck and hugs to you too xx

• Hi Mamajd, just wondering if you have more of a plan now? Hope you’re well x

• Hi 

How are you feeling now, do you have any updates?  I've had two rounds of chemo, with the first well and truly kicking my ass so had some adjustments made second time round.it was still rough but more bearable. 

Sending love and cwtches your way xx