After active treatment

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello all, 

I have completed active treatment for breast cancer, ER+ve, HER2-ve. 

I finished, surgery(lumpectomy and axxillary node clearance), chemo(8 cycles) and radio in July 2023. 

I am on Zoladex injection(monthly) and on exemestane tablets daily. this is to be taken for 5 years.

i am having constant aches and pains in the legs, back and arms.. also hot flushes. 

I would like to hear from any of you that has completed active treatment and is ir has been in similar situation. 

will there ever be a normal day at all? I am really fed up and really longing for a normal day .. is it not a real expectation? 

regards to all

• Hello SR!

I am so sorry to note you have not received any replies to your post - I can't answer it - I am from the Prostate Cancer forum - however by me replying it will "bump" your post up to the top of the list and I hope someone will read it and respond to your questions.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello SR1, 

It's good to hear you've  finished your active treatment. That's a big step completed! I am in a similar situation, i've had surgery, 8 chemo cycles (EC followed by paclitaxel), and am halfway through radiotherapy. 

Next step for me is monthly Zoladex and daily Letrozole and I am also concerned about the side effects and certainly not looking forward to taking those for the next 5 years. I also believe that i have gone into menopause, so not convinced it is even necessary. 

Has anyone got some experience or advise please.

Many thanks