recently widowed.

• 6 replies
  • 27 subscribers

my partner of 21 years died on 14 July. i am still in shock . the oncologist gave him 12 months but he died in 10 weeks.

he had mouth cancer and i was feeding him through the peg for 12 months. he had his op July of last year. radiotherapy followed 

but by February it was in  his lung and liver. what do I do now. ? I am angry he felt me, even though he was in severe pain.

i want him back , i know thats impossible.  i feel like my life is over and if i died tonight i wouldnt care. my heart is breaking.

I do have a family and good friends but I miss him so much.

• Cancer is such a wanker.

There are some cruel people in the world, why can't it take them, not our wonderful partners.

I do believe talking is a good thing to do...... on here or in groups. I also think, it's OK to be angry.... find some where you can do and shout and scream.

I still can't actually believe my husband is gone, part of me thinks he still in hospital. 

We we're told my husband had weeks to live but it was 2 days. 

F#ck cancer!!!!! 

Sending you a big hug. 

We are here for you x

• Thank you, he died at home with me at 3am, what a time to go, just me and him. 

I like the idea of finding somewhere to shout and scream. Big hugs back. 

• Dear Medw

I think, if it is some solace it was so lovely you got to be with him at 3am, just you and him. This must also have been such a comfort to him. I am very sorry for your loss. I can feel how intensely emotional and tough this must be for you after all that the two of you journeyed through together and especially in the intimacy of the last year.

Glad you have family and good friends and we're here on this forum too.

Love Florence

• Thank you for your kind comments. I think this forum will be good for me. x

• Hi medw!

Well, if you want to `shout and scream` this is the place to come because we will all `get it` here what you are going through and there will be always someone here who can relate to what you are going through/feeling. Just keep coming on here as often as you need. Take Care and best wishes to you moving forward. 

Vicky. 

• Thank you Vicky. x