Snooker

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

The architect who helped my late wife and I build our house invited me for a game of snooker today, for next Wednesday.

When I got the email I burst into tears as it's the first time I will have had any social contact in real life for nearly 3 weeks. I'm a grown man. I shouldn't be feeling this way. 

Little things matter. A lot. 

In fact it's only the little things that matter in the end. 

Have a great weekend. 

• Little things like that are hugely important. Grief is a lonely place. Enjoy your game.

Sulubee

• Hello and well done

Nice to be asked for the snooker. So right. The little things really do count.

Don't worry. We know what it's like here. 

Take care 

Hugs

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • he architect who helped my late wife and I build our house invited me for a game of snooker today, for next Wednesday.

When I got the email I burst into tears as it's the first time I will have had any social contact in real life for nearly 3 weeks. I'm a grown man. I shouldn't be feeling this way. 

Little things matter. A lot. 

It is almost nine months since my wife of 38 years died. I am really struggling - but socialization, and company, definitely helps me: for a little while at least, life feels normal again. So I hope you enjoyed both your game, and your day out: it was kind of the architect to ask you.

I have had the same unexpected help from a neighbour two doors down. I had only met him once before but, as soon as he heard the news about my wife, he came round straight away, we had a long chat, and he offered me any help he could give me, for an unlimited period. He then invited me round for dinner that very night, and has continued to have me round for dinner every few weeks since. I very much appreciate his kindness. Knowing that people care does help.

The downside of having company is that, when it ends, I rapidly crash again. But at least, for a little while, things have seemed better.