Riding through grief.

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi all. I lost my wife in April this year, which has been absolutely horrendous, as you all know only too well. I’m struggling to cope, so I've decided rather than be an introvert and hide in my flat, I’m going on a journey to try and understand my grief, and find a coping mechanism. 

My wife and I had a shared love of motorcycling and outdoors, and she left me a bucket list. I’m going to start heading out on adventure, camping and sometimes in hotels etc, to see if being out there in the wilds will help my on my journey, and keep me from despair and self loathing, which is what I feel now. 

I’ve made a YouTube channel as I want to document my journey, dedicated to my wife Sarah, in the hope that I may inspire, or help others whom are going through the same thing. We are all in this together unfortunately, this is my way of trying to deal with it, by sharing my experience and Sarah and I’s shared passions.  

Up till now I didn’t want to live, this small moment of clarity has given me a new direction, and a focus, which I know my Sarah would want. Join me if you wish, having you along with me would mean the world. 

Much love to you all HeartHeart

• Hello 

How magnificent this sounds. I am in awe ! I think that is a very positive and fitting _tribute to your wife.These are early days since you lost her. By doing this, you will take her with you on all the journeys you will do.

Bravo !!!

Hugs are there. We are not alone.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. We are all dealing with such grief together, I wanted to have an outlet to let people know they are not alone, and ultimately aim to help others in the process. 

Thank you Pray HeartHeart

• That sounds like a great thing to do. For my own part, I am also determined to continue doing the activities which I used to love to do with my dear wife, even though that seems impossibly difficult to contemplate right now. We can't give up; we have to carry on - both for our own sakes, and in loving memory of those we have lost.

Please post a link to your YouTube channel once it's up and running.

All the very best with it!

• Thanka so much for the kind comments and support. I hope you find the strength to continue what you both loved, it’s so important to honour our wife’s memory by making them proud. 

PrayHeart

youtube.com/@ridingthroughgrief

• Hello again 

Just watched your great YouTube Channel! Already you helped me. Your candid, down to earth approach, is very touching. Your lovely Sarah would be very proud.

I am nearly two years down the line, after Barry died. It has been a very rollercoaster time since. Both from Glasgow, we came to France in 2000, for our dream which was both of exiting and latterly obviously very hard. 

I will be following your adventures ! 

A big hug 

Take care 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "