I Join This Group

• 1 reply
  • 26 subscribers

With the death of my husband, I sadly join this group.  Although death was expected sooner than later, his death came suddenly, unexpected, and fast, within 48 hours of presenting with high fever (onset of Sepsis).  I painfully have a new perspective on the depth and extent of grief and loss.  I posted about his death in The Acute Myeloid Leukaemia group.  I just don‘t have the energy to rehash it again today.  So with a new kind of understanding I am joining this group and, as thus, introducing myself.  As time and energy allow me, I will read through others‘ posts and try to offer some kind words that might help others as we all navigate this lonely and cruel journey.

Birds, bird watching, nature were are so critical and central to my life with husband.  I continue the best I can to support nature around me as he did (e.g., rescuing micro moth from too much water in bathroom, moving him/her/it carefully with my finger to dryer spot.  As told by a librarian, I have told the bees (in our garden) as well as the birds and numerous other creatures.

What a journey … in memory of my other half, his WildBird!