The Two Year Mark Has Come and Gone

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Firstly,  where have two years gone? That I simply do not know. In ways I have: floated through life, tried to keep going, tried to 'process' and tried to 'progress'. As with us all, there have been many ups and downs along the way.

The day itself was one which I quite 'enjoyed'. I went to places we frequently visited and walked together and I visited a couple of places which had been important throughout the final year. When there, I never thought about being on my own and seemed remarkly calm and content. Perhaps I was at peace?

Reflecting, it was the day after and it seemed to hit. The gaping hole opened up again. I've come back to where we lived and everything happened. It was our town but it definitely does not feel like my town. Not any more. Coming back was what was needed to be done. I sense, however, I can't come back for this again.

Take care,

WDJ 

• Hi WDJ sending some huge big hugs your way and thinking of you. 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Oh WDJ 

I was just thinking it must be about now the second year for you. I totally understand how you are feeling. The actual day not too bad in fact, it's afterwards it hits you like a brick that they aren't coming back. What to do ? Keep going I suppose and know you are not alone. Just reach out and hold on.....

My little story of the broken heart necklace, made me think they are still there. I am sure of it. My second year is on the 30th May. The run up to it has been mixed. I am going to the cemetery on the day with plants from Holland that a friend brought over for me, an African lily to mark Barry's time working as a photographer there. There are small stones from Iona in Scotland there already, that I found years ago on the beach. Then he is at peace in his beloved Salignac. French rural countryside around him. Full of love.

I wish you all the best 

Take care too 

Hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Blees you WDJ!

I have my first one coming up in a few weeks times. Don't know how I'll go with that. They say the first is the worst and then it starts to get a bit better after that we'll see if that's so. Sending you hugs and best Wishes.

Vicky xx