A breaking heart.

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello 

Just a strange thing happened to me last night and I wanted to tell someone! I had a few friends round for a drink and was busy preparing for this. I don't do it often so I was perhaps a bit more nervous as to how it would go.  Good people who do understand me by the way.. for a change .

I went up to change before they came and put on a little necklace with a heart on it that I have had for years.  No particular significance to Barry but I like it and it is made of green stone that is reassuring to touch. I haven't worn it in months. Maybe not since last year ? During the day evening, which was going well, I felt something strange. Almost as of Barry was there.

As I was cleaning up afterwards, the little heart fell from my neck and broke in two. I didn't do anything to provoke this, it just fell.  Strange but true. A broken heart. That's how I feel nowadays. I have since repaired the necklace, but the rest .........?

Night night

• Hi Fifinet

Your tale of your necklace reminds me of several different things that have happened to me since Mark passed away... 

At the funeral tea I went to walk across the room and both the soles fell off my leather shoes. One minute they were sturdily fixed and next I was left with the shoe uppers laced firmly on my feet but sole-less. There was a hushed silence from everyone followed by smiles and comments that Mark was with us and having a joke with me.

Another time I was visiting a place Mark loved and talking to our friend about him,  my watch strap broke and the watch fell to the floor. I picked it up and placed it in my bag to mend later.  But, when I got it back out it was fixed and never broke again!

Strange ... But it does make you wonder. 

Mym 

• Hello My

Thanks for that. Really strange but true. They are still there .

Hugs to you 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Yes I think that too. I have told the story about the little ashes heart I have around my neck. It fell off one night when I was in bed and I woke up to find it on the mattress. I fixed it back on and then a few nights later noticed it wasn't there again so panicked I searched the house for it and feared it had fallen off outside. Going to bed that night I went to close the bedroom door and was aware that something was at the bottom of the door I looked down and there it was on the floor. I fixed it back on to my chain again and went into the living room where I have a photo of Jay and I looked at it and I said. `Not funny` will you stop doing that and just like that it never happened again. So yes I think they are still around playing little jokes on us just to keep us on our toes. 

xx