Saturday Night

• 5 replies
  • 33 subscribers

The two year 'mark' is almost upon me.

I feel that I have come a long way given I have approached matters with travelling in the UK and now abroad.

Being home again, what  I have noticed is still affecting me a lot is the Saturday night, watching TV,  scenario. 

It's the sitting on the sofa element which is still the issue, on my own. Saturday seems to affect me still.

There's nothing we can do about it. 

Take care,

WDJ

• Hello WDJ 

Glad you posted ! I have the same issue at night, but have changed my routine a bit. Now I sit upstairs, usually with Missy cat, and either listen to music or watch tv. Change something maybe ? I am nearly at the end of two years, end of May, too. It has gone by quickly. I feel I have come a long way too. Exhausting! Step by step, onion layer by layer, we will get there. Have no choice.

Take care 

Ps nice to see you on this ! 

Hugs and we are not alone either.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hi WJD

I get you on that one. Saturday nights are so different for me also now. It was Jay (my husband) and I's wee night to sit and watch TV and have a wee drink and a takeaway or maybe the odd time we would go out for dinner (that seems a lifetime ago now not been out to dinner in loooooong time!). The Saturday nights for me now consist of still getting a takeaway but this time it could be a MacDonalds or KFC or similar it used to be Indian or Chinese Jay was never a big MacDonalds or Burger King fan etc so I would forfeit my McD's or BK in favour of a Chinese or Indian. They don't interest me anymore so the McD's does for me. So anyway, it will be one of those and then whatever is on the TV sometimes if nothing, I will put on a movie Nexflix or Amazon whatever and a wee jug of pink gin and soda. A bottle of gin usually does me a couple of weeks as I only have a few then know when I'm done. At times it feels a little bit lonely because I watch all the programmes we used to watch together on my own now.  So weird watching Ant n Dec on my own or leading up to Christmas last year it was `Strictly Come Dancing I'm A Celebrity etc. I get a little bit of comfort too though because I just shut out the world and it's just me and the dog and that's just how I like it sometimes now. I'll take the dog out for his last walk for the day and then the rest of the night is mine and have my gin and TV n maybe some chocolate or crisps or something usual `Saturday night snacks` Just sad sometimes I don't have someone to share them with but fortunately I like my own company so doesn't really phase me at times. It will be my first anniversary without him in June so I'm coming up to my 10th month. It has gone so quick but felt so long. Step by step as Fifi says.  Take Care. 

Vicky xx

• Hi PattyK,

It's a funny thing watching TV.  There are still programmes I just stay clear of because we watched them together. "Taskmaster" is probably the only one I've now got back into - simply because it's a complete escape and does make me laugh out loud from time to time.

It's difficult to admit but, after almost two years, 'we' have to try and continue and, even, 'move on'. I've said this to some in the family now and they have seemed to have acknowledged it. 

We all have to take each day as it comes but try our best and live it in the way we think is best.

Take care,

WDJ

• Is all we can do WJD. I sometimes forget he is gone and then it just hits he is actually not here. I think so far I've done ok without him but he's not here for me to ask if I have but he'll be somewhere in the universe I think watching. Started to tidy the garden today it was a mess my little patch of back garden (I live in an upper flat) is all wooden decking and the paint is peeling off but just can't get the weather to see to it. So today was dry and tidied it up a bit but guess what? it's raining againDisappointed but that's typical for us here in Scotland we get 4 seasons in one day. Ah well it will get done when it gets done. Take Care

Vicky x

• Yes, Scotland. Tell me about it! I've moved back 'temporarily' and the weather has caused all sorts of issues.

What else did I expect!? 

Take care, 

WDJ