Two weeks later and an update

• 8 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hello to everyone

I was just re reading my last postings and catching up on all the new ones. Two weeks since I posted about my sorry state of red face and feeling lonely. Well, one out of two is better !

The rash, due to anger, the therapist told me, has gone down considerably, and I even went to a dermatologist, but that didn't amount to much at all. The young doctor herself even had a slight facial problem ! I have been trying to keep calm and not take things so personally.  The better weather is helping my mood too. Spring cleaning to tackle but it will be done slowly I think ? The whole house has to be painted but finding someone reliable here is proving a little difficult. Again, I mustn't stress about it.

The loneliness factor though is there. Luckily, I do like to be alone too with little cat Missy, and sometimes just shut the door on the world and play nice music. That helps me anyway.

Talking to other older women, here in the village, who are also widows (hate the word ) I can't relate to them and their constant moans.  They have no outside interests and all they can talk about is what they are making for dinner ! Not exciting at all.

Today, I am going to the cemetery, which is about 15 minutes walk away, if the rain doesn't come. I have a bench there and can sit and talk to Barry. It is peaceful and calming there.

Just wanted to reach out to thank this forum for its connection and strong communication with others. We are certainly not alone. One day at a time.

Hugs to all 

• Hi Fifinet,

Haven't been on for a few weeks so I'm glad to hear you're feeling a tad better.

I'm on my travels and whilst it has been another 'get on and try it' thing, which has been of some benefit, being in another part of the world has brought the loneliness back for sure. I don't think that will ever leave us regardless of how our futures pan out. Being away from the UK has brought the sense on more as I know how much we would have enjoyed what I'm seeing together.

As we've all, often, said we have to find a way and simply try and keep on going. 

Take care,

WDJ

• Hi Fifi! 

Nice to hear from you. Good to hear your health is improving again. Oh dear spring cleaning just the thought of itThinking yes so much here I want to do too and that is a thought itself as well. I've changed things around slightly and got rid of a few things that had seen better days and replaced them and yes it's a slow progress but I just keep saying to myself it will get done, when it gets done. I'm not even a year in yet from losing Jay so just taking my time and sussing out what needs done just now. Sorry you can't relate much to the ladies round about you but as you say, just go in and shut your door and play your music. I seem to get a certain degree of calmness being on my own. Always have been a bit of loner so doesn't phase me at all. I still can't comprehend the `W` word (Widow) that I am actually one now but no one references the word so I don't bring it up at least you have somewhere you can go and `speak to Barry`. yes we all here for one another and get what we are all going through. Take Care. 

Vicky xx

• Hi Fifinet

I'm glad your rash is clearing up.  It must be great to have a solution after all this time. 

I'm struggling with loneliness as well. I'm happy with my own company so don't mind being alone, but being alone and being lonely are very different things. I have had my lovely dog for companionship, but he's near the end now so I'll soon properly be on my own.

Then, out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by my old workplace and they have offered me a part time job.  I hadn't thought about going back to work, but after the meeting I realised that I have no structure or focus in my life.  I'm just floating along, doing home and garden improvements (very slowly as it takes me ages to think about things and decide to do them) bit have no other purpose in life. 

I think I'm going to take the job.  It's for six months initially and I'll see how it goes.

Like you say, one day at a time.

Best wishes.

• Hello 

Just to thank you for that. I hope you take the job.

We all need d a focus. However small.

Good luck 

Hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hello Scottish person 

Had a bit of a relapse with this rash business, which has set me back a bit this week. Allergic to one of the creams the doctor gave me. 

Today is another day. Going to tackle some papers and things of Barry's that I have been putting off. Might not manage it all but that's ok too.

Hope you have a good day whatever you do ! 

Hugs

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hello Fifi

Its the `Scottish Person` (namely Vicky)Blush Sorry to hear that you have had a relapse with your rash hope they give you something to clear it up soon. Not had too bad a week this week. Had my sister stay with me she had a few things needed sorting out this week she needed me for so I said to her to stay over with me a few nights so she's been here and if nothing else it has been a bit of company for me. She doesn't really have any incentive to go anywhere or do anything and needs to be told or lead but it's just how she is she's very slightly autistic in a sense. She walks the dog for me though she likes doing that so I get `a wee holiday` from doing that and I make dinner and she does the dishes. I've been back at the gym this week as not been for a few weeks just not been feeling like it. I renewed my membership at the start of the year Jay and I were going together to combat his diabetes before covid shut it down and then he got ill with the cancer so it took a backseat altogether. The girls on reception were pleased to see me back though so that's nice they had been thinking about me. Well, on we plod! Take Care.

xx

• Hi Fifinet. I struggled with a rash over my face arms and back. The gp put it down to stress and grief. My daughter said looks like what her mother in law suffers from celiac. Anyway I stopped eating anything with gluten and for the first time in years my skin cleared up. Such a relief. Nothing to do with grief ( or alcohol) thankfully. My husband died 4 years ago. I’m 62. When my skin was at its worst I couldn’t look anyone in the eye. Chin down grief wrapped around. Keep going. 

• Hello 

Thank you so much ! Dear me this rash of mine has been a topic ! I am at the stage of too much information and different doctors and creams I am not sure what I am allergic to ? Trying to find an allergy clinic but proving difficult here in rural France. Very interesting about gluten though. It had crossed my mind. 

I liked your phrase  chin down grief wrapped round. Exactly how I feel.

Many thanks again. Just another day. Keep going is all we can do.

Hugs 

Fifinet