Everyday Stuff

• 14 replies
  • 32 subscribers

I keep telling myself other people have it so tough when I moan about something and then I think what the heck ...? What I/we have had is just that.

I had a good friend say about another good friend that they'd had a hard year, and yes it has been, but it was almost as if my situation had been forgotten about. No harm was intended at all but yet again I DO sense it has all been 'forgotten' about.

This wasn't actually what I started to write about but it happened just a couple of days ago. Where I was going with this thread was that 'everyday' things are just all too consuming. The shopping, keeping the washing going, keeping the place clean, making something to eat...

I'm a bit of a keep things tidy freak but, my, it all seems so time consuming. Many a day is over before I feel like I've done something worthwhile.

Anyone else feel like this?

Take care,

WDJ 

• Oh yes, it never stops, when you are a one man band, i have just finished cutting the grass, hoovered and dusted this morning, when there was two of us, we shared things, now, well you know, where i am coming from.

Did not realise, now much my hubby did, every day some thing.

• J am not at all bothered about keeping the house clean anymore it is just a house now not a home. i have never eaten so much processed food, our meals where always made from scratch, but now i just eat one meal a day heated up in the microwave or on the hob. Nothing seems worthwhile now.

• Hello 

Once again, you have echoed what I have been feeling? This last week I have felt really down and not very motivated at all. Maybe partly to do with the miserable weather, but still.... Difficulty getting up in the morning too, as I am awake at 3 or 4 in the morning, my head buzzing with memories and loss. Tired of this pattern. I do, like you, the shopping, cleaning and cooking but at the end of the day I am exhausted!

One friend told me again I must cheer up, which doesn't help at all. I told her I couldn't, which shut her up !!

What to do ? Day by day, but I seem to be slipping back a bit from where I was ? Maybe the thought of Christmas too. Trying not to think about it at all this year.

Well, we will all keep in touch I am sure.Thank goodness for this forum. Once again I say it.

Have a hug 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Forget about the housework it will still be there next week and the week after. I have joined a website called way up which is for people who have lost a partner. It has been good for me. I can write on there, like here, but they have a calendar of events where you can meet up with people when you are ready to do that, or you can find someone to meet up with local to you for just a coffee. I have done this and met up with someone who is on the same path as me and gets it. As for Christmas do what is right for you. I have been asking myself that, do i stay at home on my own, go to family, or take myself off somewhere, i still don't have the answer. I always remember the agony aunt on this morning, saying Christmas is just one day, so maybe try and think of it like that. Not sure how a friend would tell you to cheer up, just tell them to imagine how they would feel if it happened to them. Sending hugs back. 

• Feel like I could have written this. Who knew how much things can change and what was once important means nothing anymore 

• Hi agree dipsy21. But I leave it for a day then the urge to clean kicks in again.

Another un-named charity gave me the "WAY" charity as a potential help in adjusting to things but they had an age cap. Do you have the link to the WAY UP website you are using? Many thanks...

• Hi, if you put way up in the search it will come up, then you can go through to the website which tells you about them. Then you can just join it, there is no fee. There are a lot of different aged people on it from all over the country, and you can get some support, and when you feel ready go and meet up with people. Hope you find it ok and find it helpful.

• thanks dipsy 21 awaiting approval :)

• I am glad you found it ok. Hope you find some comfort from the site. As i said look for people local to you that you can hopefully get together with who will get what you are going through. Take care.

• Hello Dipsy21 

Thank you for your kind words. You're right about the housework ! It is fine to leave it a bit sometimes. Other things are more important. The Way up site is just the UK. I did look it up and it looks interesting.. However I am in France.

Nothing near me either. Might even start something myself why not ? That would be a project !!

Take care 

Hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "