Everyday Stuff

• 14 replies
  • 32 subscribers

I keep telling myself other people have it so tough when I moan about something and then I think what the heck ...? What I/we have had is just that.

I had a good friend say about another good friend that they'd had a hard year, and yes it has been, but it was almost as if my situation had been forgotten about. No harm was intended at all but yet again I DO sense it has all been 'forgotten' about.

This wasn't actually what I started to write about but it happened just a couple of days ago. Where I was going with this thread was that 'everyday' things are just all too consuming. The shopping, keeping the washing going, keeping the place clean, making something to eat...

I'm a bit of a keep things tidy freak but, my, it all seems so time consuming. Many a day is over before I feel like I've done something worthwhile.

Anyone else feel like this?

Take care,

WDJ 

• I am sorry there is no groups for you to join in France, but what a good idea to set one up yourself. Maybe you could make that your mission for January which will give you something to focus on in the New Year and get you through the what i consider the worst months of the year.

• Hello again

I hate this time time of year. Now more than ever. I have several projects to think about in the New Year.

I laughed, yes really, yesterday on the News was the lonely sheep called Fiona. Brought down from the hills in Scotland after nearly two years !!

She is beautifully clipped and enjoying her new life. My name is Fiona too and so there is always hope I thought?

Hugs and take care 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hi Fifinet

I also saw the clip about the errant sheep being captured and moved to the farm. She was soon looking resplendent with her new shorn coat. All ready to face the new year without the matted coat, which no doubt harboured the hidden tales of her recent adventures, both the good and the bad times.

And maybe, just like Fiona the sheep,  the coming year will also herald new beginnings for you..  Fiona's year! 

x

• Same here Dipsy!

He was the one who did all the cooking. That was his thing and he was always experimenting trying different ingredients etc he would never just throw stuff into a pot on the gas or into the microwave or oven something had always had to be `added` before being actually cooked always trying to imitate the TV chefs Gordon Ramsey, Gino, James Martin etc. Now for me it's a ready meal or something I can just time in the oven or even just a takeaway at the weekend- usually a MacDonalds or Burger King. He never liked those and would have preferred and indian, kebab or chinese takeaway. I did invest in small slow cooker you can just bung everything in that switch it on and forget about it until it's ready. Yes the house has gone to hell too. I was so full of ideas and plans what I wanted for us to do in the future but that seems to have gone now. I will re-decorate eventually but when that will be who knows will take me a little bit longer on that side now. Take Care.

x