A WEEK ON..

• 37 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Tomorrow marks 7 days since my darling was stolen from us by cancer. The longest week I have ever lived through,  rattling round a large empty house, each room filled with memories.

Today was the undertaker and registrar.  In a sick twist of humour I was to register her death in the same room we had 30 years ago said our vows.

Now reality crashes home, banks and companies to contact.  I can grieve but the world doesn't stop. I can feel empty, alone.and cursed,  but the world goes on.

Today it dawned on me, the three dogs we had, our family, might be beyond the capacity of my income. I work 12 hours days and a dog minder has been exercising them. But now that might be a service I.can no longer afford.  I promised my darling I'd look after the dogs... A week on and a promise made by her bedside is proving hard to keep. 

Life is lonely now but they have been my life boat in trouble times..and this is how I repay them.

I have let my darling down so quickly and that hurts. The loneliness hurts and the half of my soul that's died hurts. Life can only ever get worse,  a lesson i am learning a new each dreadful day.

Tof

• The first time I saw your face is a lovely song Heart️

• It really is,just think back to your first encounter with your loved one x

• Just says it will last til the end of timeSweat.

That's what we thought. 

So not for us. 

But we did have true love Heart eyes during the years we shared...

Somehow need to believe they are still watching over us. I'd like to think that 

• I will never stop loving him, it's hard being on my own I have family and friends but no one really has my back no one looking out for me like he did and no one can replace him so it's just me x

• Hi there 

Just resonates so much with me. My impatience and exhaustion at the end, although we didn't know it was the end ?

I wish I had said so much to Barry. He was always the one who said I love you. I did but at times it felt wrong ? I don't know where all this is coming from. I am 15 months down the line and I am missing him badly.

All of you say that he knew I loved him. I just wish the hurt would lessen a bit ?

Hugs to you 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • It was "our song ". Can't listen to it now.

Hugs to you all

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Likewise, and it feels so lonely knowing there is nobody to have your back and so much responsibility too.

• You are certainly not alone with these thoughts. They are hard to live with, but I read some thing the other day - “ just because we think it does not make it true”.  I think they really did know loved them and were doing our best despite what we think. 

• Thank you that helps a bit !!!

Whew, this grief process is exhausting. No one realizes it until they have been there unfortunately.

Take care 

Fifinet 
  • Can I ask if anyone else has this horrible thought

I was with my husband for nearly 30 years and I have all these lovely memories then sometimes my grief a voice in my head makes me question everything was he happy was our relationship what I thought did he feel the same,did I really know him,was I what he wanted did I make him happy,our relationship came to an abrupt end tragic enough you couldn't dicuss anything even knowing he was going to die wasn't discussed, this is just another cruel twist of grief you question everything hope I'm not alone with these thoughts