Lost

• 11 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Just don't know where to start with this or what to do next to get support. My beautiful partner sadly passed away last night after 5 months of deteriorating from an aggressive inoperable brain tumour . Just feel so lost and i just can't see a future without my soulmate by my side, feels so bleak and uncertain PensiveBroken heart

• Hi Dave!

So sorry for your loss. I lost my dear husband Jay in June, and you are right you do feel so lost and don't know what to do. He fought bowel cancer for two and half years at one point getting rid of it where he got the operation in January 2022 and got it all cut out only for it to return five months later in May 2022 and this time decided it was taking him and did on June 23rd this year. As many say here we all deal with our grief differently. With me, I am just living day to day at the minute. I just want one big release of emotions like a really good hard cry but It doesn't happen. I have cried plenty in the past while he had been going through all his treatment etc, but now it's as if I can feel the emotions building up inside me my chest is so heavy and my stomach in knots and I just go through the motions of each day as if in some kind of fog just trying to get done what needs to be done and sometimes not even acheiving it but pleased with myself when I do do something on my own that we used to do together but then I realise that he's not here for me to share that achievement with. I am hoping things will get better but when, who knows? Just have to keep trying to get up and get going hard as it can be but I'm sure I can make it. Big hugs and best wishes to you and everyone here going through the same situation. Take Care. 

Vicky x