Lost

• 11 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Just don't know where to start with this or what to do next to get support. My beautiful partner sadly passed away last night after 5 months of deteriorating from an aggressive inoperable brain tumour . Just feel so lost and i just can't see a future without my soulmate by my side, feels so bleak and uncertain PensiveBroken heart

• Hi i am so sorry, so  early, though you have come here.

I will say you will get a lot of support from every one, , that are here, as every one truly, understands how you fill, at the moment and in the days and weeks to come, and months.

It is a long road, i like you, never thought, i would get past the first week, and here i am still standing, and coming, up to four years.

Every one, deals with it in their own one, i never truly grieved for nearly a year, to much to sort out, his shed and garden.

When everything was done, i had to ask for counselling.

Hope other come in and support you, they will, 

xxxx

• Hi Dave, I lost my husband seven weeks ago to a brain tumour. I felt then and still feel the same as you do now. It is beyond cruel. All I would say is that you need to accept any offers of help from friends and family. This is a safe place to say how you are feeling as we are all in the same position.
    • Sending you a virtual hug.
  • I’m so very sorry for your loss, It’s pain like nothing I’ve experienced, It is long tough journey but here your not alone even though it feels you are, Nothing that was said in early days made me feel any better I just wanted my husband back, I to felt and still sometimes feel what’s the point but still try my best to get up and get on, 
    Yes do take what support you need bereavement councilling might help you,I think grief is your own personal journey only you know how long it will take, Take your time just know anything is ok,

we all in same situation here and it sucks don’t feel fair but we have to find a way to put one foot in front of the other,

Big hug

• Thank you for the hug Sulubee, that's something I'm really missing Pensive x

• Thank you for the hug Pam61, I've been looking at posts on here for a couple of months now and seeing how supportive this site is. I was dreading reaching the point where i was in the place where i was putting my own pain on here Pensive x

• I miss hugs, silly conversations and just being together. I just hope it becomes easier. This forum is the only place I  can express how much it hurts.You will find support here.

• Hi Dave Db,   

I am so sorry for your loss. What a horrible 5 months. My husband passed away 9 months ago now also from a brain tumour. It's such a cruel disease and there's just no explanation.  Just take things slowly at your own pace. It's up and down. Initially it's all unreal,  and even now that's how I cope. Other bereaved people have told me our loved ones never leave us as a presence which is comforting. Our loved ones were suffering so much with the brain tumour and now are pain free. 

• Hi Daybreak2,

thank you for your kind words, my fiancée is definately still with me, i can feel her presence and i have had signs that i attribute to her as she was a very spiritual woman. I've asked her to please come and take me with her and I'm hoping that soon we will be together as one again. The constant heartache and tears are just so painful and hard to bare. Half of my heart and soul are now gone, she was my life x

• Hi Dave

So very sorry for your loss, My thoughts are with you buddy, i lost my beautiful Jeni 16 weeks ago on Thursday, She was my absolute everything, my world, my soulmate and my next breath. I am seeing a grief therapist which im hoping will help with the avalanche of grief that has hit me these last couple of weeks, there are no words except keep going mate, easier said than done i know, i should listen to my own advice, the pain is unbearable and the future empty but one step at a time and lets hope we feel slightly more in control soon, take care

Mark