Financing Our Hospices

• 1 reply
  • 26 subscribers

'Our' local hospice in recent weeks has highlighted how much it is struggling with financing and, quite frankly it seems, keeping afloat.

I'm just disgusted as to how we can reach a point where this service is under so much pressure and possibly in danger of not surviving over a longer term. They are 'restructuring' the management, etc...

What is happening in our health service? We all know what it takes to run these places and the VERY special people it needs to work in them. I just can't comprehend how across the country we can put these facilities under so much pressure given the role they play.

That's my most recent rant over - but it's one of the utmost concern.

I just can't imagine!

Take care,

WDJ

• Hi  

I’m Steph from Macmillan’s Online Community team. I hope you’re finding the Community to be a comforting source of support. We see every day how helpful it can be to speak to others with a similar cancer experience and access peer support when you need it.

I hope you don’t mind me responding here today to offer you some further support with the worries that you’ve shared.

If you’re concerned about NHS funding for hospices, you could contact your local NHS PALS office to provide feedback, or find out if there’s anything you can do. If you’re ever worried about NHS cancer care, Macmillan’s raise your voice toolkit might be helpful.

If you’d like to talk anything through with someone at Macmillan, I’d encourage you to contact our Support Line. Our Support Line teams are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00email or live webchat.

Here are another couple of organisations who you might find it helpful to contact about your concerns:

Hospice UK

Marie Curie

Please do keep on sharing your thoughts and feelings with the Community. We might not always have the answer, but I hope it helps to know you’re not alone.

Take care,

Steph
    Online Community Officer