For All Those Years

• 11 replies
  • 28 subscribers

For near twenty-nine years I had what turned out to be the love of my life moreso than I could ever have imagined when we first met on that fateful first night.

I've had someone to discuss, mull, debate, even argue, things over, all of which the decision that was eventually taken was what we thought was the best at the time. We made decisions to move, go here and there, go to this place and that place. We, like us all here, were a team.

I reflect and think now that it's almost like I've reverted back to the teen, somewhat, who feared what lay ahead when leaving school and going into 'the big bad world'. Simply put, I'm lost as to what is the right thing to do, decisions to make - the most trivial seem the most difficult - and where it's all going to lead to. None of us know, never did, what lies ahead but my it's now even harder to consider and make decisions. Ironically, any decision made now only affects me really - so you'd think it ought to be easier!

Our experiences have put us in this place and, as had been said many a time in this group, we are paying the price for our love.

That's my Saturday night moment I guess. Let's see what tomorrow offers.

Take care,

WDJ

• I haven't been on here for a while gone solo with my grief which I think is for the best its such a personal journey,.not even your family can understand what losing a partner is like its traumatic and shocking how long its going to take to adjust,iv found no comfort in anything or anyone but myself this is my story its so hard but I'm finding that you are the best therapist you can have so keep helping yourself x