Feeling lonely

• 13 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hello everyone 

Not been posting recently but have caught up with all of you I hope a bit.

When does this awful loss and loneliness go or even lessen a bit ? I probably do know the answer ie time but really it is something else to feel this every day. People are either not coming round or are so involved with their own worries. All understandable. I have 3 friends at the moment whose husband's are very ill and in hospital. I am there for them and to listen.

I try to keep going but it is hard as you know here. Just wanted to say hello and to be heard !

Hugs to all

• Hello WDJ 

Thank you for your reply and how well I understand as really we all do on this forum.Thank goodness we have it.

This feeling of loneliness or emptiness I think I am calling it now, is physical within us and never seems to let up.

Maybe it will but it will take some time.

Small things upset me more now I find ? Today it is the telephone which seems to have packed up ? Technology gets to me. All things that Barry did with ease before !

Like you said holding your wife's hand is what you miss. A probably a little kiss too ? That's what I miss the most.

Take care 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • WDJ, I always felt I was alone after my wife, Lin, died and never considered myself as feeling lonely. I thought, I have friends who I see and close family near me so I can't be lonely. Nearly 16 months on and I am not sure sure now and I think about how we define lonely. I still have the same friends except one, Steve, who has sadly died, plus my family are all close and I see them on a regular basis. But my word! The feeling of being alone seems more intense at times now, especially around important dates, so am I lonely too? Who knows, but although I seem able to cope with the loss of Lin better, when I feel down I still feel really low and still cry, but it seems to happen less frequently.

I am trying to be positive because I know she would want me to be happy, but it is still so damn hard.

Stay strong.

Derek

• People say to me I’m strong, I’m doing amazing! What does that mean??? Am I putting on a good front iof what I’m really going through? 21 weeks in and it still hursts as much as the first day.

im as lonely as hell but trying to do things to our home I know my Andy wanted us to do.

we don’t need the ‘hope your feeling better’ comments- but then guess some folks just don’t know what to say! Lots of my, so called friends have vanished now, a few old ones have re appeared and are a great support, I will take that, 

some friends come into our lives and stay, others leave for one reason or another- I’m no worse off in my life without those who have gone.

Megan’s book is a great read, I can only do it it small doses though.

big hugs C xx