Can't believe husband won't come back

• 0 replies
  • 25 subscribers

It's so tough, and I am still not ready to sink under with the idea my husband is never coming back. Speaking on this forum you are all in the same situation without your life partner.

How fast and cruel. It's coming up to 2 months tomorrow, Oct 3rd was the fated evening. Since then I have been able to read more about how to handle grief, or all the things I could have known about the brain tumour. The doctor told me he might have 1 to3 months left once he finished the Avastin treatment, and he was still on the treatment so wasn't expecting him to pass away. 

It's like going over details, seeing others experience is a comfort and a way of inventinghe  hasn't gone. But he has and whenever I stop work for a minute, or just hang out the washing on the terrace and look to the space we last managed to get him up the stairs on the terrace, it's briefly real... he has gone.

I find comfort to keep him closer now, get some photos up and have set up a small  friends and family event after Xmas to remember him. The funeral was 2 days after he died as followed Spanish process.

I like the idea of keeping him present. 

How do you keep your loved one present?