Memories..

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

• Hello Pooka and to everyone on Remembrance Sunday.

So true the words, one minute ok the next just a wreck. Good memories today of our loved ones.

Be brave.

Hugs and understanding.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Thank You Fifinet

So many little triggers that affect us.

As many of us will today spend a moment to reflect on those who gave their lives for us in conflict, it is inevitable that our thoughts will turn to our loved ones who no longer stand beside us.

Many, like myself will have lost a partner who had military backgrounds which adds to the emotional feelings as we watch Remembrance Parades. I look at the Royal Navy Sailors, in particular the Submariners and I imagine I see my husband proudly standing before me. 

For our service men and women who sacrificed their lives and for our loved ones...

We Remember Them ...

• Hi, this is so true, I was fine all weekend, away with my daughter, then bang in the car on the way home after dropping daughter off i cried as Rob would have loved the weekend spending it with his 2 favourite girls.

Catching up with Strictly now and a Whitney song has had me in floods again.

Tears are always just below the surface and can come at any time.  

I so miss him and want him back, I know it’s not going to happen but …………if only Cry

Glenis

Love is eternal 

• Hey pooka,
    It was my Andy's birthday yesterday, only 6 weeks after he passed away.
    A bouquet of flowers arrived that he had ordered to arrive on our one month wedding anniversary (we only got married 18 days before he slipped away from me) I had contacted the florist as I found an email from Andy to them saying he wasn't happy with my wedding bouquet (same flowers) and they wanted to send a replacement - by the time I found the email he had already gone. I contacted them and they sent them for his birthday yesterday - double flowering lillies, same as my wedding bouquet, same as he always sent me for my birthday, Christmas and just because flowers and the same I ordered for his funeral.

They will always be special but yesterday they really floored me, even though I knew they were coming as they bought up even more memories as its still so raw like it all happened yesterday!

• Hi Claireh 

I can imagine that receiving your flowers was difficult for you. The pleasure of receiving the bouquet and knowing your husband had arranged to have them delivered... but the heartache of the cruel fact that he isn't with you to see them and that they will be the last bunch from him. Maybe you could try to dry a flower or petal to keep.

My birthday was just a couple of days after my husband passed away.. I know that forever, as my birthday looms  it will just be another reminder of time passing since I lost him.

We miss our beloved partners every single day but anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas and family occasions all serve to underline our loss.

Sending you a big hug

Mym x