Family - A Double Edged Sword

• 1 reply
  • 26 subscribers

Oh boy, this is a difficult one!

I need them more than ever and I've seen more of them, of late, than for some time in recent years.

The difficult thing is that when I'm with them I feel both comfort and also the memories of how things used to be, when we all met up before, just come flooding back. The latter is just awful which in itself sounds awful. Sitting at a table or just in the living room - all I see is 'us'!

This really is crap!

Take care everyone as another weekend beckons.

WDJ

• WDJ .... Feelings change at the drop of the hat at the moment for me.  One minute I want people around me then when they offer to come over, I don't want them here.  

I hate the weekends, It's the time of the week that families get together after being at work and school etc.  Weekends were the times that John and I would go for a night away, or the cinema.  (Obviously all pre covid) these were what we were looking forward to starting up again when treatment finished, but that's not going to happen ever again.

So, I think that we just have to take deep breaths and take it on the chin and as long as we explain our feelings to those that are there for us then we are doing our best at that instance in time.

Hugs to you