Radio Advert - This Is My Rant

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi, and apologies too. As the title implies, I am just having a rant!

I'm so annoyed by an advert I am hearing all of the time on the radio, well on the stations I listen to mainly. Yes, people should be aware of any possible symptoms and should, absolutely, be going to their GP regardless of whether or not it is cancer. It is just the way that they make it sound - so effin easy and that the 'process' of going to the GP will rectify matters. Too many of us on here know that that is not the case and that too many GPs dismiss it too readily for other matters like IBS, etc.

I'm so cynical now to these things and wonder what the agenda is that the advert is so prevalent at the moment! Are we heading toward the tip of an iceberg that is going to make 'our club' increase to even greater numbers that we just can't comprehend? Is it a result of all the lack of action toward cancer treatment, at any stage, during the last two years of Covid?

I'm just annoyed!

Take care,

WDJ

• I feel exactly the same,I also get annoyed by the adverts for cancer research,I appreciate that there are new treatments becoming available but it just rubs salt in the wound when nothing helped my husband.

• I can understand these making people feel angry and annoyed. When I see them I just think why couldn't we have been lucky with some new drug or treatment being found to improve Lin's chances of survival say by another 5 years. I know we would still have been praying for that miracle cure that we had been for the previous 5 years, but I would have given anything for another 5 years. Still have that deep seated feeling that we were so unlucky. I can't fault the cancer treatment she received, the doctors and nurses were so wonderfully caring. Definitely worth every penny they're fighting for.

Derek