Struggling with loneliness

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello everyone out there 

Feeling a bit sorry for myself this past week or so? Been ill with bronchitis too, so been more indoors to recuperate but that leads me to think about Barry . I was the fulltime carer for several years and even before that really, so was pretty exhausted all the time. He was a difficult patient too unfortunately, which didn't help anyone! Even the local nurses who came each day, struggled with his bad temper. Anyway, I am thinking I am already tired from all that and my body has decided to say stop. The loneliness now is overwhelming sometimes?

I have no family here, but do have friends close by. Some understand, some don't. Started to go to a grief support group, and the next one is soon. Hoping to find some "friends"there that we can mutually help each other. 

Sorry to moan, and I know there are others out there in a much worse situation. I just feel writing is my best way of coping, not bottling things up and having a good old cry when necessary.

Lots of hugs too 

• Hi Fifinet,

The loneliness, I think, is one of the most difficult things to overcome. Filling in the day as best we can is tricky enough but when back home, that's when it's most difficult for me. That said, even when filling in my time, I am very aware I am on my own.

Hopefully you will get what you're looking for from the support group. I can't bring myself to join one. I'll reconsider after a few more months depending on how I feel then.

Take care,

WDJ

• Hello WDJ 

Thank you for your kind words.

Re.the support group? I have to do it all in French!!! Double the work I call it. I do have another source with Cancer Support France and another one Bereavement Support Network, where it is by telephone and in English. Found that quite helpful.We are all different, and it changes all the time, our needs and what doesn't work for us too!

Fed up with people asking me of I am bored? No. Lots to do. Just trying to feel better after this wretched bronchitis.

Have as good a day as possible.

Take care 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "