Loss of my wife

• 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

St the weekend I ran the Ealing half marathon for macmillan cancer support charity raised a lot of money it was a good day my stepdaughter and grandson come and saw me run which was lovely ,last night I went out for meal with friends of my wife and mine it was to see them I did feel abit sad I didn't show it ,when igot home texted one of the friends to say thank uou for making me come out 

• Hello Andrew 

How are you today? Well done for all you did for the Cancer support charity. I bet you feel a bit flat now though. Tiring I say is this awful grief.

We try to keep going as best we can. Then just flop. I find the days are sort of ok, but the evenings are the worst. Full of images and memories and no one to share the day with either? Now the Autumn weather is with us, turning cold and shutting the shutters earlier.

Ps I live in France. 

Take care. This forum is an absolute godsend. We do all completely understand.

Hugs 

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Yesterday  we but jeans ashers in the ground at the crematorium I had the family with me  I had a cry 

• So true Fifinet.

The evenings are what I struggle with too. It's just aching not having someone to chat with, laugh with and 'argue' with over whether the heating needs to be on or not! Oh, what I'd do to have that comment "Get the bloody heating on!" ringing in my ears.

This forum is absolutely that. I'd be a little lost without it to be honest! 

WDJ

• I'm up at my step sons house this weekend he didn't want me to be alone  so I got a train train with him