It’s worse every day

• 2 replies
  • 33 subscribers

This is my first post on your forum. To be honest, I’m not sure if I am entitled to be with you on this forum  

You see this is not cancer related but I am grieving for my wife and I’m in a much darker place now  

My wife of 59 years suffered a bleed on the brain and I’ve cared for her ever since. 

I lost my wife Anne just 6 weeks ago. It wasn’t cancer and it wasn’t the stroke that caused her passing.  Anne’s heart became very weak and she had to go.- it seems much much  longer ago. She passed whilst I held her hand with our daughter and son close by.

I try to keep busy but don’t get much done. Each day is getting longer and I awake each day with a heavy heart.

I thought maybe it could help in some ways to talk with people who have experienced the same pain and grief of losing a close partner or spouse can cause.

If this is the wrong forum please let me know  Broken heart

1. Hi John so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife Anne, you must miss her terribly. Grief counselling can help though you may feel this isn’t right for you.Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and good wishes your way. 
  • Hello John

such very sad news I am so sorry, losing a loved one is a traumatic experience, which sometimes often feels unmanageable to bear.

I have been in very dark places, especially in the first months after my Linda passed, I wasn’t holding her hand as she passed, but I wish I had, I had been talking and comforting her, through the night, only left her to answer the door, so was only 6 feet away from her, then I heard the scream from one of my daughters that she had gone. I know how you feel, I know how difficult it is to motivate to do anything at all, even getting out of bed, in the early months I could t get out of bed till 2pm. It’s one year on Sunday, although I am managing better, I still feel a total uncontrollable sadness, which never leaves me. I am always on the brink of tears, it doesn’t take much to start me bawling. We are all different, my friend lost his wife 3 years ago, but finds it very difficult to cry, he wishes he could. Please know we are all here for you,I have sent a friend request, so you can PM me if you want a private chat anytime.

thinking of you 

and yes feel free to use this forum, I hope it helps in some small way 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories