How appropriate are these lyrics

• 9 replies
  • 35 subscribers

When my youngest Son was around 4, we used to sing this in the car together, he did finally learn the words Heart

The song suddenly popped in my head, and when I looked at the lyrics I thought how appropriate this is to how I feel

The sun is out, the sky is blue
There's not a cloud to spoil the view
But it's raining, raining in my heart
The weather man says clear today
He doesn't know you've gone away
And it's raining, raining in my heart
Oh, misery, misery
What's gonna become of me?
I tell my blues they mustn't show
But soon these tears are bound to flow
'Cause it's raining, raining in my heart
But it's raining, raining in my heart
And it's raining, raining in my heart

Oh, misery, misery

What's gonna become of me?
I tell my blues they mustn't show
But soon these tears are bound to flow
'Cause it's raining, raining in my heart
The song that always reminds me of my Mum & Dad is “On the street where you live” I sometimes sing this, makes me think of them both Heart
  • Music is massive for most people I think. Colin made loads of mix-tapes for me which I  still have and have a little music system to play them on!

Smokey Robinson's  lyrics to 'Tracks of my tears' and 'Tears of a clown' could probably describe me quite well Thinking I put a massive front on to disguise how sad and lonely I really am No mouth 26 months since losing my special man ManCouplekiss

Tomorrow is another day
  • Yes Music is powerful, I so love the two tracks you mention, although I don’t think I  put on a brave face, although being retired and living on my own, it would be easier. One of Linda’s favourites is Wild thing by the Troggs, never got to find out if there was a reason or not, will have to ask my Sister in laws. I have a large storage box in the loft of all our CDs, I digitised them all, so we could listen on an iPod, had one upstairs, in the kitchen and lounge, Linda so loved her music, used to play it loud while she was doing her housework……seems another lifetime, but still remember it so clearly.

take care of you x

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Gosh, that just sums it up! Think I’ll sing it every time someone says at least you can enjoy the sunshine! 

• just been listening to Atom heart mother, Pink Floyd, Shock me and tell me you’ve heard of this, When I was courting Linda, we used to sit in my bedroom in North Woolwich and listen to this and Tyranosaurus Rex, particularly the beard of stars album, our favourite track being Lofty Skies, which was played at her funeral. Brings back so many happy memories Heart

take care x

• I’m on holiday at the moment with some very lovely friends… however a Fleetwood Mac song came on this evening and it tore me apart… it’s the first time on holiday I haven’t been able to hold it together and I had to walk away from the group in a blind panic. Music triggers me like nothing else and I don’t know how to control it. Cry

• Hi

i know exactly what you mean, there are certain songs that Linda really liked, but some, are almost impossible to,listen to without crying, some Phil Collins, and T.Rex for example, I was even listening to pink floyd, atom heart mother, and it really made me sad, we used to listen to  albums in my bedroom when we were courting, and I’ll always associate certain sings with her.

the only solution, is turn it off if you can, or just walk away, it won’t help you to torture yourself, one day you’ll be ready. I am sure people will understand. Listen to this music when you’re alone maybe, when you’re ready to listen to it. 

Hope you still manage to enjoy your holiday.

best wishes 

• Someone actually said that to me once not long after Dave had died. I couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing  

• Found  myself singing this, then looked closely at the words  Cold sweat
    The Great Pretender

Oh-oh, yes, I'm the great pretender

Pretending that I'm doing well

My need is such I pretend too much

I'm lonely, but no one can tell

Oh-oh, yes, I'm the great pretender

Adrift in a world of my own

I've played the game but to my real shame

You've left me to grieve all alone

Too real is this feeling of make-believe

Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal

Yes, I'm the great pretender

Just laughin' and gay like a clown

I seem to be what I'm not, you see

I'm wearing my heart like a crown

Pretending that you're still around

Too real is this feeling of make-believe

Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal

Yes, I'm the great pretender

Just laughin' and gay like a clown

I seem to be what I'm not, you see

I'm wearing my heart like a crown

Pretending that you're still around (still around)

• I actually remember this songHeart.